In our effort to build healthy communities, we strive to support the health of our team and the people who live in our communities by doing our part to protect indoor air quality. By choosing milder products and practices, we all breathe a little easier. We have adopted the following standards for all properties under our development or management.
- Non-Toxic Interior Paint. The walls make up the largest surface area in our homes, so we use only paints containing no VOCs— volatile organic compounds that make up that “new paint” smell. VOCs pose health risks for people and pets, so we choose VOC-free alternatives.
- Non-Toxic Building Materials. In new construction, we choose products that minimize VOCs, and our maintenance team uses only low-VOC and no-VOC adhesives and caulk for repairs.
- Full-Service Air Filter Replacement. Air filters in your heating and air conditioning system can catch airborne particles that can contribute to asthma and allergies. To keep your system working its best, our maintenance team will change your air filter quarterly.
- Non-Toxic Cleaning Solutions. Our maintenance team uses the gentlest cleaning solutions possible to get the job done. When strong chemicals are occasionally required, we take the highest precautions to ensure that we protect our team and your indoor air quality.
- Non-Smoking Communities. Smoking is not permitted indoors in any of our communities. (ECO Modern Flats is smoke-free, indoors and out.)
- Gentle Pest Management. When pest control is required, we choose the least toxic, mildest approach possible.