The Specialized Way
We believe that building for wellness is the future of real estate development. Building healthy places means that we consider not just the qualities of buildings, but the connectedness of the neighborhood surrounding them. Everyone values health, and whether they are aware of it or not, people are drawn to communities that are designed with health in mind. A walkable neighborhood with a unique sense of place just feels better. It’s this feeling that we aim to capture in each of our projects.
Our mission is to build healthy places and connect neighbors with exceptional real estate development and property management. We do this by:
We are a regional leader in LEED-certified multifamily communities, and we consider efficiency, beauty, and the health of building occupants and the broader community in each decision we make.
We create opportunities for our team and the people who live in our communities to be physically active. Through the design of our properties and our community service, we expand and improve pedestrian and bike connections.
We create indoor-outdoor connections and thoughtfully-designed outdoor spaces with native and edible plants. We use low-impact development practices and we contribute to land conservation in the Ozarks.
Recognizing the primacy of food as a basic human need and as a way to bring people together, we incorporate food into our properties, including restaurants, coffee shops, and community gardens.
To learn more about our team at Specialized Real Estate Group, click on the team member name at right.
Specialized Real Estate Group focuses on opportunities for infill development. Infill projects strengthen the fabric of our community by replacing dilapidated properties with high-quality higher density development.More and more cities are calling for infill development, but it presents challenges to developers.
It is much simpler to build a sprawling multifamily complex on previously undeveloped land at the outskirts of a city, but the long-term value of infill development outweighs short-term convenience. Infill works against urban sprawl and the traffic headaches that come along with it. By locating within developed neighborhoods near a city’s core, infill developments are intrinsically more walkable. Adding residents to downtown areas supports existing businesses and encourages small business development.
By partnering with local architects, our projects are distinctive, artfully designed, and built to stand the test of time. Because of our strong commitment to customer service and stewardship, our projects yield a strong return on investment—not just for direct investors, but for the neighborhoods and communities in which they are located.
Our commitment to building healthy places extends to our property management projects. In the properties we manage, we consistently deliver greater occupancy and income, while exceeding residents’ expectations with timely maintenance, convenient online leasing and rent payment, and health-oriented operating practices. We understand the Northwest Arkansas rental market, and we connect with young professionals, families, students, and newcomers.
We are constantly innovating, adopting new marketing tools and strategies to reach an evolving market. We are proud to lead the industry in serving the Spanish-speaking community, a key demographic in Northwest Arkansas. We are also pioneers in developing multifamily recycling programs.
- 2017 Fayetteville Urban Forestry Advisory Board Sustainable Landscape Award
- 2016 National Apartment Association Excellence Award – Energy Retrofit
- 2016 Student Housing Business Innovator Award for Architecture
- 2016 US Green Building Council – Arkansas Award: Best LEED for Homes
- Bicycle Friendly Business – Silver Level, 2015
- 2015 Community Service Award, Multifamily Executive Magazine
- National Apartment Association 2013 Paragon Awards: Best New Community Under 150 Units, Best Green Community
- Finalist, Urban Land Institute Global Awards for Excellence
- ENERGY STAR, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- 2013 Student Housing Business Innovator Award for Green and Sustainable Construction
- 2012 LEED for Homes Award, Outstanding Multifamily Project in the Nation
- Green Builder Magazine Green Home of the Year Award: Best Community Project
- American Institute of Architects Arkansas Chapter Merit Award
- US Green Building Council—Arkansas Most Outstanding Residential Project
- Illinois River Watershed Partnership Golden Paddle Award for Construction
- Fayetteville Construction and Developers Sustainability Award
- National Wildlife Federation Certified Wildlife Habitat
- 2011 Fayetteville Urban Forestry Advisory Board Landscape Award
Keep up with the latest news and join our mailing list by filling out the form below.